Sunday 7 October 2012

Progress?

It’s been a while since my last blog. Finding it surprisingly difficult to keep these running and to stop Word putting green lines under everything I write.
Been very busy last few months, a lot of travel for work and finding it more draining I expected. Anyway, working on a BI solution for a customer. Using 2008R2, some SSIS and a fairly simple cube. “Older” technology but still a few interesting things in the project and getting ammunition for an eventual blog or two.
Did a user group presentation a few weeks ago. It was kind of a first for me. First time I presented  externally and in front of a public crowd. But, I’ve done a lot of internal presentations and informal training and some customer presentations so felt ready for it. Covered Dynamic SQL, so reminds me to follow up on that blog I did a few days weeks ago. Will follow this up with my first SQL Saturday in November. It’ll be in Pordenore, Italy on November 17th. Excited, first time in Italy and looking forward to it. Will be covering Dynamic SQL again and have got a lot of work to do to streamline the presentation. Busy, busy, but it’s all progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment